Sunday, July 4, 2010

Children's Club and Games

Today is Saturday and all of the children came for the Children's Summer Program. I decided not to make any plans or give instructions because it is too hard without knowing the language. The kids taught me about a site that has LOTS of Flash games. I am putting a link to it below. The morning started with everyone in a circle singing the Palestinian National Anthem. I am attaching the audio file so maybe you can listen to it!  Here are the words:

My country, my country
My country, my land, land of my ancestors
Revolutionist, Revolutionist
Revolutionist, my people, people of perpetuity

With my determination, my fire and the volcano of my revenge
With the longing in my blood for my land and my home
I have climbed the mountains and fought the wars
I have conquered the impossible, and crossed the frontiers

With the resolve of the winds and the fire of the guns
And the determination of my nation in the land of struggle
Palestine is my home, Palestine is my fire,
Palestine is my revenge and the land of endurance

By the oath under the shade of the flag
By my land and nation, and the fire of pain
I will live as a Revolutionist*, I will remain a Revolutionist,
I will end as a Revolutionist - until my country returns

Revolutionist means one who risks his life voluntarily; one who sacrifices himself.

Here is a recording of the anthem that they played. At the end of the recording you will hear some of the kids singing a song they made up.
Listen HERE

The kids did many things. Some of them started by practicing a song that one of them had written about Wi'am. I hope I will get to hear more of it before I leave on Tuesday. Some of them played volleyball using a planter in place of a net. The picture only shows the kids standing at either side.


The Game Site is Y8.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of visitors to this page